Sometimes simple is all you need. Bare Bones treatability tests are simplified versions of PRIMA’s traditional treatability tests. Each Bare Bones test is designed to address a very specific question at a much lower cost than a more detailed study. Bare Bones tests are ideal for situations in which you need a yes/no answer or confirmation of an expected result. For more information about Bare Bones testing, please review the Bare Bones FAQs or contact us.
Bare Bones Cr(VI) Formation Potential
- Purpose - To determine whether exposure of soil to a specified oxidant can generate Cr(VI).
- Procedure - Set two reactors – one with oxidant, one without. Measure Cr(VI)* after 7 days.
- Cost - Contact us for quote. Please specify oxidant to be used.
*Dissolved Cr rather than Cr(VI) is measured if the oxidant is KMnO4.
Bare Bones Metals Mobilization Potential
- Purpose - To determine whether arsenic or metals can be leached from soil by a specified remediation technology.
- Procedure - Set two reactors – one with specified technology, one without. Measure specified metals after 7 days for chemical treatments, after 28 days for anaerobic biological treatments
- Cost - Contact us for quote. Please specify the technology to be used and metals of interest.
Bare Bones COC Destruction Confirmation*
- Purpose - To determine whether a specific COC can be destroyed as expected.
- Procedure - Set two reactors – one with specified treatment technology, one without. Measure COCs after 7-28 days, depending upon technology of interest.
- Cost - Contact us for quote. Please specify the technology to be used and COCs to be evaluated.
* Recommended for proof of concept only.