PRIMA has shared its expertise and presented the results of bench tests in peer-reviewed journals, application notes and at conferences. We thank all of our co-authors for granting us permission to discuss their projects publicly.
- Oxidant Demand De-Mystified. Presented by Dr. Cindy Schreier (PRIMA) with field perspective by Eliot Cooper (Vironex).
View slides - Oxidant Demand De-Mystified Webinar Slides
View webinar (coming soon)
- “Successful Remediation Pilot Study Uses Troll 9500 Instrument for Real-time Monitoring” . This application note was written by Levi Fernandes of Kennedy Jenks for In-Situ Inc. and was made possible, in part, from testing conducting by PRIMA.
- “Column Tests to Assess Flusing of Perchlorate from Soil – Abstract” . Presented at Remediation Technologies Symposium (RemTech), Banff Alberta Canada, October 16-18, 2013.
- “Chemical Methods of Environmental Remediation” Seminar presented to the Chemistry Department, California State University Sacramento, October 2013.
- “Bench-scale Treatability Testing: What it Can and Cannot Tell You“, Presented at the California Unified Program Annual Training Conference (CUPA, 2012).
- “Simulation of Biodegradation of Carbon Tetrachloride using Emulsified Vegetable Oil“, Presented at the GRA Symposium Solvent Release Sites: Characterization, Cleanup, and Closure, April 2010.
- “Treatability Testing to Support Field Application of Ozone – Abstract“, Presented at the International Water Technology and Ozone V joint conference, April 2007.
- “Role of Treatability Testing in Remediating Dry Cleaner Sites“, Presented at the GRA Dry Cleaners Symposium, 2004.
- “Sulfur Modified Iron-A Versatile Media for Ex Situ Water Treatment“, Presented at the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, sponsored by Battelle, May 2002.
- “Treatability Testing as a Tool for Identifying Appropriate Site-Specific Remediation Technologies“, Presented at the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, sponsored by Battelle, May 2010.
- “In Situ Oxidation of 1,4-Dioxane“, Presented at the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, sponsored by Battelle, May 2006
- “Effect of Acid Pre-treatment on Removal of Nitrate from Drinking Water by Sulfur-Modified Iron“, Presented at the GRA Symposium Nitrate in California’s Groundwater: Are We Making Progress?, April 2006.
- “Confirmation of MTBE Destruction (Not Volatilization) When Sparging with Ozone“, Presented at the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, sponsored by Battelle, May 2004.
- ” Persulfate Oxidation of Petroleum Hydrocarbons“, Presented at the AEHS Conference, San Diego, March 2004.
- “Treatability Testing – Fate of Chromium During Oxidation of Chlorinated Solvents“, Presented at the Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, sponsored by Battelle, May 2000.
- Walker, W.J., C.G. Schreier, L.E. Pucik. ”Use of Degradation Rates of DDT and Lindane Isomers for Determining the Timing of Release to Sediments of Greens Bayou: Houston Ship Channel, Texas“, Environmental Forsensics, 5:45-57, 2004.
- Schreier, C.G., W.J. Walker, J. Burns, R. Wilkenfeld. ”Total Organic Carbon as a Screening Method for Petroleum Hydrocarbons“, Chemosphere, 39(3) 503-510, 1999.